Tuesday, August 19, 2014

HQ Flight Cage

After a TON of research and reading reviews, I decided on a "big boy" cage for Opie. I chose the HQ Flight Cage in black and ordered it from Amazon.com. The dimensions are 32x21x60" and it cost $134 when I bought it with free shipping! I got the cage in just 3 days and was sooooo excited to open it and put it together!! I was a bit nervous, since I read the instructions were pretty shoddy,  but it really wasn't that bad at all and took about 30 mins total.

I honestly LOVE this cage! It is very sturdy, has a great finish, and is the perfect size IMO. The bar spacing is 1/2 inch (on center) which is perfect for Parrotlets. The cart is very nice, and the cage sits securely in it. The locks are perfect, and so much easier than the drop pin ones. Below are a list of things I love and a few slight things I wish were better about the cage.

Pros:
-Sturdy, great quality, lovely finis.
-Secure and easy to use locks.
-Perfect bar spacing with plenty of room for flying and toys.
-Great price (especially for the quality and size).
-Comes with two wooden dowel style perches, and two plastic trough feeders.
-Pan is plastic, so no rusting.
-Grate is easily removed for cleaning (slides out like pan).

Cons:
-Would prefer one large centrally placed door to two smaller ones.
-Directions for assembly could be clearer.
-I would prefer there be a locking mechanism so the tray & grate couldn't be so easily slid out.
-I personally am not a fan of the plastic feeders that come with (would prefer metal).

Once the cage was all set up, I brought it upstairs and set it next to Opie's cage. I thought I would just leave it there for him to get used to, but he flew right in to inspect it! He seemed to approve, so I started moving his perches and toys in, and he went to town flying around and playing! Since he had been in this cage he is sooooo much more active, and truly uses every inch of the cage! I am so happy with this purchase and highly recommend it for all of the Bitty Birdies out there! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment